Friday, July 8, 2011

"Someday"

The posts from Holt's blog are often moving to me, but I am especially moved by the posts from the Waiting Child staff. Maybe because both of our girls were waiting children. Everytime I read about a featured child, I want so desperatly to find that child a home. How many times I have heard people say how wonderful they think adoption is, or how they'd "really like to do that "someday". I wonder if maybe you're reading this blog, and thinking that very thing. I think that is great. However, there are children around the world and right here in the USA waiting for "someday". I was moved today by the story of a 13 year old girl from China. If a family does not come forward to adopt her very soon, she may never have her "someday". She will age out of the adoption system at age 14. I hope you will take the time to read her story (click on the link below) and pass it along to any friends who have talked about adopting an older child "someday".

All She Hopes for is a Family

No comments:

Post a Comment