Friday, May 7, 2010

One Year Ago

It was one year ago today that we officially accepted the referral Choe In Ae.


And it was one year ago yesterday that we got the call from Holt asking us to consider making this sweet baby girl our daughter. Now, really, who could resist this precious face?



I don't think I will ever forget that phone call. It was from the Waiting Child Program at Holt. She told me about a tiny little girl who was born 10 weeks premature and only weighed 800 grams (1lb 12oz) at birth. She told me about some of the medical concerns they had for her due to her extreme prematurity. Then she asked if we'd like to look at her file. To which I replied a resounding "Yes!"

We read through the medical file and had it reviewed by a pediatrician before we looked at her pictures. Then after we knew we were comfortable with her potential medical issues, we opened the picture above, and that was that. We fell in love. This child was without a doubt our daughter.

I can't believe it was a year ago. It was the week before Mother's Day last year that I first laid my eyes on my daughter, and this year for mother's day, she became my legal daughter forever and ever. I think my hubby is going to have a difficult time on Mother's Day next year trying to top the past 2 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment