Friday, February 26, 2010

Me of little faith

Yesterday I got what I considered the worst possible email from the people renting our old house and trying to buy it. The house did not pass inspection due to "apparent previous water damage". Yes, it is true that there was previous water damage. This is why we spent a lot of money on foundation repairs to make sure the house was structurally sound and dry before we moved into it 5 years ago. I seriously couldn't breathe at the thought of our renters buying a different house, leaving us with a vacant unsold house. We could really not afford both mortgages BEFORE we went into serious debt to bring home Eliza, but now, the thought sent me into a serious panic.

Why is it that I have such little faith in the all-powerful God of the universe to handle this? Why when I know that He loves me more than I can conceive? When I know that He is the One who created the sun...



...and the moon


... and amazingly beautiful landscapes that can take your breathe away...


...and make you realize just how small you really are.



AND He is the One who healed the broken hearts of these two broken people...


And blessed them beyond their greatest imagination.


Why is it that I have such little faith, when He promises to give me hope and a future, and peace that surpassed all understanding? My God is the Almighty, Omniscient, Loving, Gracious, Merciful God of the Universe, and He is also my abba father, who cares what happens to me, and loves me with the love only a perfect daddy can give. He has proven to me time after time, that He is more than capable...He is God, and with Him, ALL things are possible.

There, I feel much better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment